Effective Since: August, 13th 2021
We respect the privacy of our users and treat their personal data in the strictest confidentiality and in accordance with the legislation in force. The privacy statement is intended to inform you, in a transparent manner, about the data we collect, the purpose for collecting it, the way we use it and the rights you have regarding the processing of such data.
We draw your attention to the need to read this privacy statement carefully. If you have any other questions, do not hesitate to contact us at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR PROCESSING YOUR DATA?
CORAT Therapeutics GmbH is the controller of your personal data.
The complete contact information is:
CORAT Therapeutics GmbH
Inhoffenstr. 7, 38124 Braunschweig, Germany
Phone +49 1522 4047488
Any question regarding the processing of this data may be sent to email@example.com.
What DATA DO WE COLLECT?
We collect your data – personal or otherwise – for various reasons which are defined
in point 3 below. It includes the following data:
1. your identifying information such as
> first name;
> last name;
> e-mail address;
> phone number;
2. our communications (by email or other);
3. the type of domain with which you connect to the Internet;
4. the IP address assigned to you;
5. the date and time of your access to our website;
6. the pages you viewed on our website;
7. the type of browser, platform and/or operating system you are using;
8. the search engine and the keywords used to find the website;
9. your browsing preferences.
WHY DO WE COLLECT YOUR DATA?
We collect your data to improve our service and to facilitate your navigation on our website.
The Website collects, stores and uses your data for the following purposes, in particular:
• To establish, carry out and conduct the contractual relationship with you;
• To analyse, adapt and improve the content of the Website;
• To allow you to receive messages;
• To facilitate the availability and use of the Website;
• To personalize your experience on the Website;
• To respond to requests for information;
• For any marketing activities and promotions proposed by CORAT to you who have given their consent;
• To inform them about any changes on the Website and its features;
• For any other purpose to which you have expressly consented.
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR DATA?
ARE YOUR DATA PROTECTED?
We respect the privacy of our Users, maintain a strict privacy statement and take all appropriate measures to ensure that our servers prevent, to the extent possible, any unauthorized leak, destruction, loss, disclosure, use, access or modification of your data.
In addition, CORAT has taken the appropriate organizational and technical measures to ensure a level of security adapted to the risk and that, to the extent possible, the servers hosting the personal data processed prevent:
• Unauthorized access to or modification of this data;
• Improper use or disclosure of such data;
• Unlawful destruction or accidental loss of such data.
In this respect, employees of CORAT who have access to this data are subject to a strict confidentiality obligation. Nevertheless, CORAT may in no way be held liable in the event that this data is stolen or hijacked by a third party despite the security measures adopted.
HOW LONG DO WE STORE YOUR DATA?
We keep your data for the time necessary to accomplish the objectives pursued (see point 3). Once this goal is achieved, we delete them.
CORAT may also continue to keep personal data concerning the de-registered User, including all correspondence or request for assistance sent to CORAT in order to be in a position to reply to all questions or complaints that may be sent to it, and in order to comply with all applicable laws.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS AND HOW CAN THEY BE EXCERCISED?
You may, at any time, request to verify, access, rectify, delete, transfer and object to the use of your data, as well as request the limitation of such use of your data. To do so, simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then make every effort to take the necessary action as soon as possible.
According to the regulations on the processing of personal data, you have the following rights:
• Right to be informed about the purposes of the processing and the identity of the data controller.
• Right of access and verification of data: you may, at any time, have access to the data that CORAT has on you or check if you are included in the database of CORAT.
• Right of objection: you may, at any time, object to the use of your data by CORAT and by our active partners .
• Right of cancellation and/or modification: you may, at any time, notify CORAT of corrections to the data concerning him and, where appropriate, request the deletion of your personal data.
• Right of limitation of processing: you may, in particular, obtain a limitation of processing when you have objected to the processing, when you dispute the accuracy of the data, or when you consider that the processing is illegal.
• Right of portability: you have the right to receive the personal data that you have communicated to CORAT and may also ask said company to send this data to another data controller.
You may, at any time, request access to your personal data, verify them, transfer them, and, in some cases as mentioned, limit their processing and rectify them. You may also request rectification free of charge and, where applicable, request the deletion of all your personal data from CORAT ‘s database – except those which CORAT has a legal obligation to keep on record – and object to the use and, where appropriate, request the limitation thereof.
In order to exercise your rights, you are required to send a written request, accompanied by a copy of your identity card or your passport, with redacted photo and ID-number, to the data controller:
• by e-mail: email@example.com
• by mail: CORAT Therapeutics GmbH
Inhoffenstr. 7, 38124 Braunschweig, Germany
Once the identity verification has been conducted, the copy of the ID-card or passport will be deleted.
CORAT will then take the necessary steps to satisfy this request as soon as possible and in any case within one month of receipt of the application. If necessary, this period can be extended by two months, given the complexity and the number of requests. CORAT will also provide you with reasons of not being able to attend to your request, should that occur.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR DATA AND TO WHOM ARE THEY COMMUNICATED?
Our employees and subcontractors have access to it only to the extent necessary and/or for fulfilling the objectives pursued. Each of them is subject to a strict obligation of confidentiality.
CORAT treats personal data as confidential information. It will not communicate them to third parties under any condition other than those specified in the Privacy Statement, such as to achieve the objectives set out and defined in point 3, or under the conditions in which the law requires it to do so.
CORAT may communicate its Users’ personal information to third parties to the extent that such information is necessary for the performance of a contract with its Users. In such case, these third parties will not communicate this information to other third parties, except in one of the two following situations:
• The communication of this information by such third parties to their suppliers or subcontractors to the extent necessary for the performance of the contract;
• Where such third parties are obliged by the regulations in force to communicate certain information or documents to the competent authorities in the field of combating money laundering, as well as, in general, to any competent public authority.
The communication of this information to the aforementioned persons shall, in all circumstances, be limited to what is strictly necessary or required by the applicable regulations.
DO WE TRANSFER YOUR DATA ABROAD?
We only transfer your data to a non-EU country if it provides an adequate level of protection equivalent to what you can find in your country of residence.
If we do transfer your data to a non-EU country or company, it will only occur within the meaning of the legislation in force, and, in particular, on protection of privacy and its executive orders, and Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data, applicable from 25 May 2018 (hereinafter the “General Data Protection Regulation”), or within the limits permitted by the legislation in force, for example by ensuring the protection of data by appropriate contractual provisions.
WHAT IS OUR POLICY ON DATA CONCERNING MINORS?
Our website is not targeted to children under the age of 18. Persons under the age of 18 and persons who do not have full legal capacity are not permitted to use the Website. CORAT asks them not to provide their personal data.
If you learn that your minor child has provided us with their personal data without your consent, contact us at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT HAPPENS IN THE EVENT OF A CHANGE TO THE PRIVACY STATEMENT?
If we had to make any changes to this privacy statement, you would be notified through our website. Therefore, check the Privacy Statement regularly for the latest version of our Privacy Statement.
WHAT TO DO IN THE EVENT OF A DISPUTE ?
Lengthy trials do not benefit anyone. In the event of a dispute between us, we commit to give priority to dialogue and openness in search of an amicable solution.
APPLICABLE LAW AND COMPETENT COURT
The validity, interpretation and/or implementation of the Privacy Statement are subject to German law.
In the event of a dispute relating to the validity, interpretation or implementation of the Privacy Statement, the courts and tribunals of Braunschweig have exclusive jurisdiction, to the extent permitted by the provisions of applicable private international law.
Before taking any step towards the judicial resolution of a dispute, the User and CORAT undertake to attempt to resolve it amicably. To this end, they shall first contact each other before resorting, where appropriate, to mediation, arbitration, or any other alternative method of dispute resolution.
COMPLIANT WITH THE SUPERVISORY AUTHORITY
You are informed that you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Commission for the Protection of Privacy:
The Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC)
Die Landesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz Niedersachsen
Telephone 0511-120 4500
Fax 0511-120 4599
CORAT processes the personal data transmitted to it in accordance with the legislation in force, and, in particular, article 10 of the Basic Law for the Federal Republic of Germany, the Data Protection Adaptation and Implementation Act EU GDPR, as well as the Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data, applicable from 25 May 2018 (hereinafter the “General Data Protection Regulation”).
The User acknowledges having read the information below and authorizes CORAT to process, in accordance with the provisions of the Policy, the personal data that he/she communicates on the Website.
The Policy is valid for all pages hosted on the Website and for the registrations of this Website. It is not valid for the pages hosted by third parties to which CORAT may refer and whose privacy policies may differ. CORAT cannot therefore be held responsible for any data processed on these websites or by them.
The personal data will not be used for direct marketing purposes for articles or services other than those to which the User has already subscribed, unless you have previously explicitly consented to such use by ticking the boxes provided for this purpose (“opt-in”).
When you have given your consent to the use of this information for direct marketing purposes, the latter retains the right to object to such use at any time, upon request and free of charge. You may simply communicate this request by writing to the following address: email@example.com.
VALIDITY OF CONTRACTUAL CLAUSES
Failure by CORAT to invoke – at any given time – a provision of this Privacy Statement, may not be interpreted as a waiver to subsequently make use of its rights under the said provision.
The invalidity, expiration or the unenforceable nature of all or part of one of the above or below mentioned provisions shall not give rise to the invalidity of all the Privacy Statement. Any fully or partially invalid, lapsed or unenforceable provision shall be deemed not to have been written. CORAT undertakes to substitute this provision with another which, to the extent possible, fulfils the same objective.